Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My friend, My sister featuring Prima Marketing Lyric Collection

Prima Marketing Lyric Collection
My friend, My sister 12x12 layout
When Charlie asked us last month what kit we would like to work with this month, I spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out because she has such great products in the store.  I eventually decided to use Prima Marketing Lyric Collection.  I hadn't worked with this collection before and am so glad I picked it because it is so beautiful and the colors are so gorgeous.  
It was very difficult, however, to use these papers because they are so pretty that it was hard to put anything on them :)  When I was going through the kit Charlie sent me, however, I just knew what photo I was going to use and couldn't wait to get started.  
My sister Elaine, is such an inspiration to me and just knew these papers and her beautiful face would work great together.  We are 8 years apart, I being the oldest, but we are so close that we have this twin type of relationship - I can usually tell when something is wrong on her end and vice-versa, even though we are 3 hours apart.   
I also decided to make my own flowers using some of the paper.  I have seen a lot of crafters make their own, but am going to admit this was the first time I have done it and it was so much fun.  I did get a little help with the spellbinders die cut, but hey, it's a start.
I took the word "friend" that was on a sheet of the decorative paper, cut it out and crumbled it up a little before putting it under her picture, then placed the "love" button on top of that and really like how that turned out.  I am going to start using a lot more texture in my layout pages.
Isn't she a beauty :)  Love you Elaine !!


I hope you head over to take a look at all that Charlie offers at The Hens' Den store, there are some great products there.

Have a great week.
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection brads
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection decorative frames
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection wood buttons
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection - Prelude
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection - Premier
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection - Overture
Prima Marketing Lyric Collection - Recital
Graphic 45 Signature Series Triumphant Red cardstock

5 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...