Designed by: Nicolle Kramer
Featuring: Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections
I decided since it was November and we celebrate Veterans day that I would honor my Grandfather and Father by creating a layout. I believe veterans should be honored everyday though. Call me a bit biased since both of my grandfathers,my dad, uncles, cousin and friends have served. My grandfather fought in World War II (left photo) and my dad ( right photo) they both were in the Army. As you can see in both photo my grandmother stood behind both her husband and her son. That's one strong women. I have heard stories that when my father was drafted that she did have a very hard time with it. I am sure every mother would. It was a sad and scary time. I am grateful to have such wonderful people in my life as role models. They have all passed on and I miss them all dearly.
Close up of all the fussy cut elements.
Cluster at right bottom of layout.
- For base use a 12"x12" beige Bazzill card stock.
- Border punch around a 12"x12" piece of brown card stock. Adhere to the base paper.
- Cut an 11"x11" piece from Express Yourself paper. Glue to center of brown border cut paper. I distress all edges through layout with scissors with the exception of the border cut paper.
- Cut a 7 1/2"x 7 1/2" piece from beige cardstock and glue to center of layout.
- Cut 7"x7" piece from Bits and Pieces paper and glue over beige card stock.
- Cut (9) 3" pieces from May Arts Solid Ivory Check Brown Ribbon. To make banners fold the ribbon in half and cut from edges up toward center middle fold. Adhere to center of layout staggered. Refer to photo.
- Cut 2 photos 3"x 4" and double mat them using brown cardstock and Straight to the Point paper. Cut each mat 1/4" bigger all around on each mat,cutting and gluing the brown card stock first. Adhere both photos toward top of layout one on the left and one toward the right of the layout.
- Fussy cut 1 card from All Decked Out paper and glue between the two pictures.
- Fussy cut 7 clocks from Before Your Time paper and 2 flowers clusters from Bed of Roses paper.
- Layer 3 flowers using med and small flowers and add a brad to center. Add a brad to the center 2 single small flowers.
- Tie black hemp through 5 chipboard buttons.
- Embellish under your photos using 5 fussy cut clocks, 2 layered and 2 single flowers, 2 fussy cut flower clusters and 4 chipboard buttons. Refer to 2nd photo above.
- Cut 1 quote from Quote-Unquote paper and add metal clothespin to right top side. Adhere with 3d foam squares to bottom right of layout as shown in photo 3 above.
- Embellish a premade tag with 1 fussy cut clock,1 layered flower ,1 chipboard button. Tie an ornate metal key with black hemp and attach to tag hole. Adhere with foam tape to bottom left of quote. Add a fussy cut clock next to tag and under quote.
- Adhere Alpha stickers spelling HEROES to beige bazzill cardstock and then cut around stickers. Attach to left bottom of layout.
- Add little alpha stickers to photos. I labeled my photos WW2 and Vietnam.
- Use a sketch for inspiration.