Family is everything to me and this gorgeous paper line called Generations by Simple Stories was perfect for me to work with to create a lovely card for my family. I had my knee replaced 5 weeks ago today and it is a long process but I am getting there and I don't know what I would have done without my family, especially my dear hubby for helping me get through my rehab. Love you all, family and friends who are honorary family members. Don't forget to check out The Hens' Den Store for all of these items as well as many more wonderful goodies. Charlie takes such good care of us. Also, upload your creations to the gallery, you know we want to give you some love and drool.
Anita Mulcahey, Happy Paper Craft Happenings
Featuring: Simple Stories, Generations
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories (Always and Forever, Flash Cards, Home Sweet Home, Live, Laugh, Love)
Stickers: Simple Stories, Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers
Bird Cage: Petaloo Color Me Crazy
Bling: Theresa Collins, Blingage, Jamie's Gems
Flower: Prima, Innoscence 2
Distress Stains: Fired Brick, Peeled Paint
Ribbon: Scalloped Trim .25 inch brown
1. Using patterned paper listed above cut 9 pieces at 3/4" by 6 inches long.
2. Cut a plain piece of cardstock 5 X 6".
3. Cut cranberry cardstock 4 X 5 1/4".
4. Cut the olive cardstock 4 1/4 X 5 1/2".
1. Arrange your strips to create whatever type of design you would like for your background.
2. Apply your strips to the cardstock base running horizontally. I used a wet glue because you need the strength to hold what up end being some very small pieces of paper.
3. Put your cardstock base into your trimmer so that the strips are running horizontally and make your cuts vertically 4 at 3/4", 3 and 1/2" and 2 at 1/4".
4. Stagger your strips and use wet glue to adhere to your cardstock base. Trim to 3 3/4 X 5".
5. Use Distress Stains to dye your bird cage, bird and flowers. I used a pain brush to do the leaves and used my craft mat to dab a bit of ink on so that I could control where it went on the flower.
6. Pop Up the word family from the sticker sheet on vanilla cardstock and then cut around.
7. Tie a 5" ribbon piece to the top of the bird cage.
8. Prepare card base using cardstock that is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2".
9. Adhere Olive and then Cranberry layer.
10. Attach Bargello layer.
11. Pop up birds on cage and attach to left side of the card, up from the bottom 1/8" and in from the left at 1/4".
12. Attach flower right next to bird cage.
13. Adhere family sentiment to right top corner and three gems to the bottom right of the card.