Monday, October 22, 2012

Haunted House by Nicolle Kramer using Graphic 45 Happy Haunting


Altered Wooden "Haunted House"
Designed By: Nicolle Kramer
Featuring:Graphic 45 Happy Hauntings

When it comes to paper I typically create layouts. I had this wooden house laying around for about a year now and was inspired to finally alter it. I purchased it on clearance in the wood section at Michael's. I think it was something like $2.00.  I thought hey why not make it a haunted house? It's a great addition to my Halloween decor. As if I don't have enough.  This is the house in its complete alter. I also included close ups and simple directions at the bottom of this post. It's a bit lengthy but I wanted to show all the details.




Supplies:


InLinkz.com

Here's what the house looked like originally.


I painted all the visible parts black before adding the papers.



This is a close up of the bottom center of haunted house.

The bottom left.



The Bottom Right.

 The top.I call it the attic.


The middle center.

The top left under peak.(attic)


The top right under attic.

This is a close up of the roof. I used plain orange card stock,inked,corrugated myself and inked the edges for a distressed look.

The covered both sides of house with patterned paper.

Instructions:

    This house was really simple and fun to alter. First I measured all the openings (rooms) and chose the patterned papers I wanted on each of the back walls. I then fussy cut images from different papers in this collection to add to each room.  I also used card stock stickers and chipboard elements to embellish with. I filled Tim Holtz corked vials with different colors of glitter and embellished them with word stickers found on the card stock sticker sheet.  Lastly for an added spooky touch I put a little bit of store bought web. You can use as much or as little for desired effect. I chose to use less so you can see all the details inside each room.  




3 comments :

  1. I love what Nicolle did with her "bargain-basement" find! Very inventive and very good use of fussy cutting! Just beautiful, and spooky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...