Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Haunting's mini book By Guest Designer: Sesil Cratin


Happy Hauntings
By: Sesil Cratin
(www.sesilcratin.com)

Halloween is my favorite time of the year.  I loved playing with the Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Collection for this mini album. I altered the 8x8 Easel Album to create a standard album.  I love all the interactive pages I created for this mini.  It is so much fun working with this collection.  This is what I created.

When I altered the album I knew that the album would have a hard time staying closed.  So I cut the bottom of the easel and added ribbon to help keep the album closed.

To create the album I did paint the entire album black to make the paper collection pop.

For the cover I fussy cut 3 of the same picture and different parts to layer them together to create my own 3D embellishment.  This is a great way to get more for your buck by creating your own paper embellishments.



For the first two pages I wanted to leave room for pictures and journaling. On the right hand page the long strip opens up and allows me to have more room to journal.  I used glossy accents throughout the album to give some of the pictures that dimensional look.

These are some pages that I created as flaps.  Giving more room for pictures and journaling.  I simply cut the page in half and added it to the previous page with washi tape. I did cut off the holes for the binding on the cut pages so they would give the illusion that the pages were made like that for the album.   I loved making the flaps and perfect for the little details.

I love making my own pockets and tags.  Here I used the  hills as a pocket for the tags.  It was an easy way to give more depth to the page.
On theses pages I wanted to keep one of the pages more simple. So I just added the pennants on the corner of the page.  On the other side I created a  band to hold the tag on the page.  This is another great alternative for pockets.  It allows you to add more memorabilia or journaling.


Here I have more pocket pages and flap  pages.  I just love using ribbon and border stickers.  Such a fun and easy way to jazz up the pages.


A detail shot of the right page with the flaps.

Then my final pages.  
I had so much fun creating this mini.  Please feel free to ask me any questions on how I created this mini.  More sure to shop at The Hen's Den for all your scrapbooking needs.  They are the best!!  Thank you for letting me share my creations with you.








7 comments :

  1. Sesil's book is so charming and "haunting"! Love her creativity here and on the Teresa Collins DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sesil, this is so amazing! I love how you altered the easel to create a mini book! Way to Rock this project!! You are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Sesil! So many lovely details to ooo and aaaahhhh over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful book! Love all the flaps, pockets, and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...