Monday, April 8, 2013

My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing Collection - Happy Layout- By Nicolle Kramer

My Mind's Eye- The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell Collection
Happy Layout
Designed by: Nicolle Kramer

Charlie sent me the My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing to create with for the month of April.


I know it's spring in many places right now but when I saw the papers in this collection the pictures of my daughter Jolie ice skating came to mind first. The colors in the photo's and this paper work so well together. This was Jolie's first time ice skating. She had fun but only lasted about a half hour. I think the last time falling on her bum was it for her. 



Some techniques I used on this layout are of course layers. I applied gesso first to give the feeling of snow and ice cold. It's kind of hard to tell but I also used a bit of watered down gesso to add splats to top right and lower left of the layout. I used many different fibers to create this layout crocheted doilies, lace and ribbons. 



See how the layered sticker doily kind of reminds you of a snowflake shape. I tried to incorporate the doilies and snowflakes throughout the layout for a sort of flow to the design.




I even added some twine to the title tags.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:




7 comments :

  1. I love your take on this paper line. What a great layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicole, I love this layout - it is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun layout - I love the big doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how that doily frames the pics like a giant snowflake! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...