Thursday, March 7, 2013

Featuring Prima Marketing's Engraver Collection!


The Stanley Hotel Layout

Designed by Carolyn Lontin


Featuring: Prima Marketing Engraver Collection and new Chic Sketch for The Hens' Den designed by Design Team Member Lori McClellan.


Head on over to The Hens' Den store and drool over Prima's HOT NEW Engraver Collection!



Over fall break last year, we went to the historic Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO and stayed in the infamous room 217!  I'll have to admit that I was pretty creeped out by the thought of staying in this haunted room but even after a history tour and a night ghost tour of the hotel, I slept like a baby!  

This layout features some of the details of the hotel and our room 217 and I used The Hens' Den fantastic two-page sketch created by Design Team Member, Lori ... the thing I love about sketches is that they get you started but your pages morph into your own work!

Here is The Hens' Den sketch:




Here is my take on the sketch:



And of course some fun shots of the details:






Supplies:

Black Cardstock
My Mind's Eye Gems


I hope you get a chance to play along this month to create a project using this sketch!  Be sure to stop back by The Hens' Den blog tomorrow to see Design Team Member, Nicolle's project using this sketch! 

Thanks for stoppin' by!



8 comments :

  1. Great layout. You are very brave to stay at a haunted hotel. I could not do that. I like the part where you said you slept like a baby. Great way of using the Hens' Den sketch and putting on a lot of photos on your page to tell the story. Looks like a great place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch and love that you used stamps in your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the sketch! You got a ton of pics used with this LO. AWESOME!!! A haunted room! I'm into ghosty stuff, but I dunno about doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute-- it's THAT Hotel! I thought it looked familiar. Yeah sticking by my original thought. I can visit, but I don't know about staying. Watched both versions of The Shining & the one filmed there was the best. Very cool to have so many pics! Well at least since you were there you got to stay in Stephens room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout and awesome journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great layout Carolyn - I have got to visit this place when I'm back out that way. I have never heard of this hotel, but am going to go searching now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the sketch! What a great 2 page layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...