Friday, February 15, 2013

A Fabulous Duo

Simple Stories- Fabulous- Card Duo

Created by Moriah Macdonald


Alas, I am hanging my head in shame (well sorta).  Valentine's Day & our Curious Cupid celebration got the best of me this year and I only got 2 more cards made from my goodie pack.  Good news is that this coming week is school vacation, so you may still see a few more creations! :)

Today would have been my dad's 65th birthday, so to honor him I made this birthday card.  Don't you just adore the clean lines and perky feeling of this card?!?!?! :)   My dad was a Miami Vice fan- the early years when the guys wore pink.  He even had one of those pastel pink shirts.  He was a fashion forward kinda guy and I think the pink on this card would have really amused him. ;)

The other card I managed to squeak out just under my self-imposed deadline was this "Hello Friend" card.  The 100% Girl paper is my favorite and I really wanted to see how it would look as a base for a fabulously layered card!  Wouldn't this make a great "get well", "thank you", or just "cheer your day" card?  I love those "just cause" cards.  They are an unexpected surprise of love in your mailbox.  Makes the whole day better. :)

Now before you wander off, let me remind you that many of the items I used here are ON SALE!  Also, we just had our Valentine Blog Hop, so you'll want to check out everyone's blog so you can comment before Feb 17th and be entered to win goodies!

Goodies from The Hen's Den used on these projects:
Simple Stories- Fabulous- 100% Girl

Simple Stories- Fabulous- Orange Mini Dot/Doily
Simple Stories- Fabulous- Sassy
Simple Stories- Fabulous- Brown Damask/Antique
May Arts- Orange Wrinkle Ribbon
Tim Holtz- Distressed Card Stock- Bundled Sage
Also used- Hot Pink Bazzill

6 comments :

  1. Moriah, I just love these cards. The mailbox is so cute :) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moriah, very cute cards. I love how you did so many different birthday cards. Love the mailbox too. Simple stories paper is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with this gorgeous paper line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...