Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Minds Eye All is Bright Christmas card by Janet Bagnall

My Minds Eye All Is Bright Christmas Collection
Christmas Card 2013 resolution
Created by Janet Bagnall
Hey there everyone.  Can you believe today is the last day of January?  I surely can't - it has flown by.  I have been working on my New Year resolutions and am happy to say that so far they are doing okay, especially since none of them deal with exercise or diet :)  One of my resolutions is to create at least one Christmas card every month so when December rolls around, I won't be upset with myself because no cards are available to mail out.  So on this 31st day of January, I am posting my first Christmas card for 2013.
My card is using the My Minds Eye All is Bright Christmas Collection, which you can purchase from The Hens' Den, which is now having a huge sale to make room for some new stuff Charlie purchased at CHA recently.  I so enjoyed using these papers and elements that came with it - I love it when everything works together.  By adding the May Arts lace and Tim Holtz Christmas Adornment as a few of my final touches, my card turned out even better.  
I had originally placed the wreath adornment without anything under it, but it was just too plain, so went through my paper pad and found this Christmas tree and thought it looked great.  To me, it gives it that extra Christmas effect.
I used two challenges to created this card and they were the Sunday Sketch & Stamp and Merry Monday over at Always Playing with Paper blog, in which you were to use a tic-tac-toe procedure.  I took the bottom line on the tic-tac-toe card, which was designer paper, red & green and ribbon (does this mean I win? - LOL).

I hope you can join me in this one resolution and create a Christmas card once a month so you will be ready to go when that time comes :)  If you love the All is Bright Christmas Collection from My Minds Eye as much as I do, head over to The Hens' Den and see what else the store offers (you'll be glad you did, it's packed full of wonderful stuff).

Have a great one.

 
Supplies:
Bazzill Green and Red cardstock
May Arts Crochet Trim - 1 inch
Tim Holtz idea-ology Christmas Adornments

5 comments :

  1. Great card and great way to get started for the holidays. I love how you inserted the tree image into the metal wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Janet, it is so elegant. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card & way to get ahead of the Christmas card making now!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...