Monday, January 28, 2013

Generations by Simple Stories

 
 
 
 
 
Generations Collection by Simple Stories
Serving Tray
Created by Charlie LaBonte
 
 
 
 
 
I love snooping around in collectible/antique stores.  You can find some of the most wonderful stuff and then ideas spring to life.  I was in on of our local stores, Pole Barn Primitives, and found this really cool serving tray.  It was pretty ratty, as the felt under the glass had rotted away and in the process discolored the glass.  I took it home, dismantled it and scrub the glass real good and tore out all that ratty material. Now all that is it is missing are the pictures. (you won't be serving coffee with this now)

 
 
All the paper is under the glass.  Once I had the layout completed, I put it all back together and then added my embellishments to the top side of the glass. 
 

 
Here is a close up of the corner cluster.  You can also see that I left the paint in it "Old" condition.   I love playing with this stuff, makes my heart sing.
 
 
Products used:
 
I hope you like my inspiration project and that it opens your eyes to other possibilities.  Please keep The Hens Den in mind for your shopping needs.
 
 
 
                                                              
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sherrie and anytime you are in my neck of the woods, we can go snooping together.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing project! I love that you gave that tray a second life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. love playing with stuff like this.

      Delete
  3. I love it..so much to look at and I love it when you can take something like a try and make it totally something else.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My most favorite thing to do Cathy. Thank you for the love.

      Delete
  4. I love this Charlie, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie - I love this. Such a great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it and make something new out of it. Thank you for the love.

      Delete
  6. I love the tray Charlie. I love it when you can repurpose something and bring it new life. I especially like the paper's and theme you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie!. I love repurposing items as well.

      Delete
  7. This is amazing - I love how you repurposed the tray!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...