Designed by: Anita Mulcahey, www.happypapercrafthappenings.blogspot.com
Featuring: Simple Stories Generations
Simple Stories Generations Home Sweet Home Patterned Paper
Simple Stories Generations Fundamentals Card Stock Stickers
Petaloo Color Me Crazy Birdhouses with Birds
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Antique Linen
Ranger Distress Ink, Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Maya Road Striped Ribbon, Olive
Cotton Crochet Ribbon, Cranberry
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Applicator
Cardstock, cream, cranberry and olive
1. Cut cream card stock to 5 1/2 X 8 1/2" and fold in half.
2. Cut cranberry card stock 3 1/2 X 5".
3. Cut olive card stock 4 3/4 X 3 1/4".
4. Cut Simple Stories Home Sweet Home paper 4 1/2" wide by 3" high. Plan your cut so that you have some of each of the cranberry, olive and cream colors.
1. Add a very thick layer of the crackle paint to the birdhouse and two of the birds. I made sure my birds would be facing different directions. After the paint was on I poked through the eyes of the birds and all the holes in the birdhouse so you could see the intricacies of the design.
2. Once crackle paint is thoroughly dry, apply Walnut Stain ink with a foam applicator over the three chipboard pieces and set aside to dry.
3. Fold cream card stock in half and ink the edges.
4. Layer cranberry, olive and then Home Sweet Home papers and adhere to center of the card.
5. Thread the Maya Road ribbon through the hole in the top of the birdhouse and use the Tiny Attacher to staple it together.
6. Cut a length of the Cranberry ribbon 5 1/2" and glue down with the bottom part of the ribbon at 1" down from the top of the card.
7. Locate the cherish ticket on the sticker strip and cut it out. Pop it up in the right hand corner of the card.
8. Attach birdhouse to center of your card and a bird on either side.