Designed by: Nicolle Kramer
Featuring: Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections Collections
I love this picture of my son Bret. He looks deep in thought and a bit sad. Being a teen is pretty hard these days. I always tell him to always be true to himself.
Preparing your layout:
Preparing your layout:
- Use Bazzill Black 12"x12" card stock for base of layout. Distress around edges of all papers.
- Cut a 11" x 11" square from Bits and Pieces paper. Cut another square around 10 1/2". I made sure to expose the pattern all around.
- Cut a 7"x9" piece from Straight to the Point paper.
- Cut 3"x8" from Bits and pieces paper.
- Cut 6"x8" from black card stock and border punch around two sides. Cut 1" x5" from black card stock and border punch.
- Cut a 6"x 5" from corrugated cardboard. I used cardboard from a box laying around the house.
- Cut your photo to 4"x4" and mat with black card stock 1/4" larger then picture and mat.
- Cut two pieces from may arts variegate ribbon one 7" and one 9". Cut a 10" from may arts Solid Ivory Check Brown.
- Fussy cut flowers from Bed of roses paper. Fussy cut clock from Before your Time paper.
- Fussy cut a quote from the Quote-unquote paper. Also fussy cut a strip of 4 cards.
- Cut a 3"x 1 1/2" piece and create a tag from Before Your Time paper. Add Alpha stickers to it spelling YOU. Cut 4" ribbon from variegated ribbon fold in half and attach to tag with stapler. Attach a 1 ornate metal key.
- I layered 4 flowers with Graphic 45 flowers. One using 3 flowers and 3 using two flowers. I used brads to hold them together in center. Reference photos above.
- I used 3 chipboard buttons on this layout. I used black embroidery floss to make ties through buttons.
- I used 3 Petaloo flowers.
- I also used natural hemp on this layout and added a couple of my own buttons from my stash.
Assembling your layout:
- Attach 11"x 11" square from bits of pieces paper to black card stock around edges.
- Attach 7"x 9" piece from Straight to the Point paper to left top of layout.
- Layer your matted photo to the corrugated cardboard and then to the 2 sided border punched black card stock. I used 3D foam tape to attach the corrugated card board to the black card stock.
- Below photo layer the 3"x 8" from Bits and pieces paper and Brown checked ribbon.
- Attach Strip of 4 fussy cut cards and border punched 1"x 5" piece to top left of layout.
- Take the 8" variegated ribbon and scrunch and staple to layout as shown above. Take the 7" variegated ribbon and do the same thing in top right corner of photo.
- Embellish the bottom right corner with Fussy cut flowers. Flowers with brads in the center, hemp, petaloo flowers,clock buttons and quote as shown.
- Embellish top left of photo with the handmade tag, fussy cut flowers, graphic 45 flowers and petaloo flowers.
- Embellish very top left corner with fussy cut flowers and g45 flower.
- Use sketch for inspiration.