Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vintage Recipe Book by Lori McClellan


Vintage Recipe Book
by Lori McClellan
Featuring Maya Roads and Prima   


I hate when domestic jobs like cooking dinner for my family get in the way of my creative time.  I love having easy delicious recipes, of course in a darling little album, to whip up so I can spend more of my time with paper and scissors and less in the kitchen.

I began with the Maya Roads binder which is perfect for a little recipe book.

1. Start by covering the front and back cover with the Prima Natures Garden Espirit pattern paper.  Cut a small piece of the back side the same paper to cover the spine with.  I used the Prima distressing tool to distress and rough up the edges of the paper.

2.  Tie a piece of the dark green lace from the Prima trims on the front of the book.  Decorate your cover with the Prima chipboard emelishments, prima flowers and a title.  I used stickers from my stash to spell the word recipes.

3.  Take the tabbed pages and trace around them from any of the Prima Nature Garden paper collection.  Distress the edges.  Mix and match your paper, it will look great.

4.  Cut a 3 x 6 piece of cardstock to use as a background for your recipes.

5.  Add your favorite recipes or better yet, have a recipe swap with friends where you all make copies of your recipe for everyone.  Have a girls night, decorate your binders, then swap and add your recipes.

Make sure you check out all the great stuff at The Hen's Den, and post pictures of your recipe book.

Oh, And here is the recipe in my book.  I want to be the first to share with you a fast and yummy dinner.  There's never enough time for papercrafting!




5 comments :

  1. Neat idea! Lovely recipe book and yummy recipe! TFS..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Lori and I am going to try that recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and beautifuly done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog! pretty recipe book and yummy recipe. We are also provide Female Friendly Recipe Books at the affordable cost.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...